Spring Semester 2010:
* Teaching: Fundamentals of Microbiology - MW 12:00-2:40p
Medical Microbiology - TR 2:00-3:15p
Colloquium in Cell and Molecular Biology - R 3:30-4:30p
Thesis Research - Identification of T Cell Subsets and Immune Response in Colon Cancer Using Immunofluorescence - FOREVER AND EVER
Old Journal Entries
Or rather, entries from the old journal, as it were...
- An open letter to the College. (August 27, 2006)
- Untitled. (July 16, 2006)
- Haunted (Part One) (May 29, 2006)
- Are we growing up, or just going down? (May 3, 2006)
- I had a dream... (March 19, 2006)
- ... (March 14, 2006)
- Enjoy it while it lasts. (September 12, 2005)
- Scene: 3:27 AM. (September 3, 2005)
- Untitled. (July 26, 2005)
Psst... if you're looking for the academic writings I used to have here, head to my Reading Room.
- The Rage in Placid Lake (2003)
- Son of Rambow (2007)
- 大紅燈籠高高掛 / Dà Hóng Dēnglóng Gāogāo Guà [Raise the Red Lantern] (1991)
- Au revoir, les enfants (1987)
- Chalk (2006)
- Le Samouraï (1967)
- Empire Records (1995)
- The Bank Job (2008)
- Le Quatre cents coups [The 400 Blows] (1959)
- Love and Other Disasters (2006)
- Friends and Family (2001)
- Sugar [unrated] (2004)
- The Curiosity of Chance (2006)
- Blade Runner: The Final Cut (1982)
- Wristcutters: A Love Story (2006)
- Death Note [anime] (2006)
- Battle Royale (2000)
- Le scaphandre et le papillon [The Diving Bell and the Butterfly] (2007)
- Extras, Series 2 (2005)
- Extras, Series 1 (2005)
- Shelter (2007)
- Metropolis (1927)
- Cashback (2006)
- Harold and Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay [Unrated] (2008)
- The Catherine Tate Show, Series 2 (2005)
- The Catherine Tate Show, Series 1 (2004)
- Tokyo monogatari [Tokyo Story] (1953)
- Akira (1988)
- Habuah [The Bubble] (2006)
- Prime Suspect 4, including:
- The Lost Child (1995)
- Inner Circles (1995)
- Scent of Darkness (1995)
- Like Minds [USA: Murderous Intent] (2006)
- La Strada (1954)
- Black Orpheus (1959)
- Le Notti di Cabiria [Nights of Cabiria] (1957)
- Cleo de cinq a sept [Cleo from 5 to 7] (1962)
- Det Sjunde Inseglet [The Seventh Seal] (1957)
- Prime Suspect 3 (1994)
- Funny Face (1957)
- Lalechet Al Ha'mayim [Walk on Water] (2004)
- Charade (1963)
- Yossi & Jagger (2002)
- Mists of Avalon (2001)
- Blow Up (1966)
The *New* Reading List
Since June 2006...
- The Dead Emcee Scrolls by Saul Williams [61.3%]
- Junk Science: An Overdue Indictment of Government, Industry, and Faith Groups that Twist Science for Their Own Gain by Dan Agin, Ph.D. [64.4%]
- 1984 by George Orwell [18.8%]
Copulating deaf couple unaware of own volume
Tuesday, March 6, 2007 @ 3:44 pm
December 09, 2005
Copulating deaf couple unaware of own volume
Monday night, a record number of noise complaints were received by Residential Security Officers in Roger Revelle College. Officers responding to the calls found the sexual activity of a deaf couple to be the source of the noises, which were described as "cacophonous" by witnesses.
The first officer on the scene, Frank Zipelli, reported, "I could hear those two all the way from the parking lot." According to Zipelli, "It sounded as if they were bludgeoning a cow. There would be a low moan, like a â€˜moo,â€™ and then a â€˜bangâ€™ and a higher-pitched â€˜moo.â€™ It was like â€˜MOOâ€¦BANGâ€¦MOOO!â€™"
Upon further investigation, officers on the scene were able to locate the disturbance in the bedroom of Revelle sophomore Katherine Chavez. "All her suite-mates were awake," said Zipelli. "They all were crowded around her door, afraid to go in."
Jamie Valencia was one of those at the scene. "We banged on the door for 15 minutes straight!" said Valencia. "The sounds wouldnâ€™t stopâ€”they kept getting louder until the floor was shaking. I had a midterm in the morning and needed to sleep, so I called the police."
"We thought she had broken a leg or something," added Julie Klein. "The moans and thumping sounded like she kept hitting the wall, but her boyfriend was there too. I thought he might be beating her, but I was afraid to intervene."
Upon entering the room, the officials found John Miller and girlfriend Katherine Chavez, transfer students from the Sacramento Academy for the Deaf, interlocked in a "deafening tangle of sheets and frantically signing hands." After yelling a short while, RSOâ€™s had to physically stop the couple from their activity.
Miller and Chavez transferred to UCSD in the fall in order to "more fully experience college life together," signed Miller. "The apartments seemed like the perfect environment to adjust to life with others."
What Miller and Chavez had not accounted for when moving to public school was their sound level when having intercourse. "We had attended an institute for the deaf," signed Chavez. "We didnâ€™t have any idea that we were louder than anyone else. I just get so excited sometimes."
"This canâ€™t go on every night," Zipelli told the couple. "I like eavesdropping on hot loud sex as much as any other RSO, but if these noise complaints keep coming in, Iâ€™m going to have to cite you."
Miller and Chavez were reportedly "deeply apologetic" about the incident. Miller offered, "I guess we could close the window next time."
Recommended by 16 Members
Hahahahaha MOO BANG!
» randomjunk on 2007-03-06 06:58:15
I wonder how you sign, "Oh YES! YES! YES!"
... you think your hands would be busy...
I think the best part is when he had to physically intervene.
In other news, I have to give a presentation in Spanish class about whatever I want, so I'm giving a presentation about Juanes. You have no idea how awesome it is that I am making a ppt about Juanes right now.
» Zanzibar on 2007-03-06 07:26:31
Holy shit that is so funny!!!!!
» KkaMA67 on 2007-03-06 09:26:26
hahaha! that's too funny!
» LostSoul13 on 2007-03-06 10:27:35
I am TOTALLY gonna do that the next time I... well... you know. LMAO!
» LittleBrit on 2007-03-13 07:32:43
never thought about that before. lol
» heart-energy on 2007-03-21 12:56:17
» bifocalLs on 2007-03-21 06:10:13
Oh man, I was wondering what the real sound people makes during sex before porn set the standard on how to moan. This article just answered it.
» Causalien on 2007-03-22 12:35:03
Thats great :D Poor old people... lol
» Morpheus on 2007-03-25 06:16:36
GAHAHAHAHAHAH dude, thats freakin classic! Moo bang, moo bang! Hahaha something you would think to see on a National Lampoon movie or something. ROFLMAO!
» PsychoEnigma on 2007-03-30 07:17:59
Sorry, you do not have permission to comment.
If you are a member, try logging in again or accessing this page here.